All About Interior Detailing
Other people may admire the outside your vehicle, but you see the inside every time you drive. Depending on how you use your vehicle, the interior may need even more TLC than the paint! This guide will take you through the basics of interior care. After all, it’s what’s on the inside that counts!
The interior of your car is a relatively small space. Small messes have a huge impact! Keep your interior looking great with weekly quick-cleanings. A little time spent cleaning each weekend will keep your monthly super clean-up from taking up your whole Saturday!
With normal wear and tear, this is likely all you need to do on a weekly basis.Monthly Cleaning RegimeGive your interior a thorough cleaning about once a month. If you get into a habit, no spot or stain will go unnoticed.
- Use a microfiber towel to wipe down all solid surfaces. This microfiber cloth will catch the accumulated dust and minor spills that have occurred since the last detailing.
- A quick vacuuming once a week will keep dirt from building up. Use your Refract Detailing Brush Set and Vacmaster BEAST Pro Series Vacuum to suck up all those nasty crumbs and bits from everyday driving!
- Floor mats probably bear the brunt of abuse during the week. Shake them out if they’re not too bad. Depending on how you used the vehicle that week.
- Vacuum. Just like in your home, vacuuming makes the single biggest difference in the appearance of a small space.
- Wipe down all vinyl, plastic and rubber surfaces with a damp Microfiber Towel.
Warning! Avoid silicone-based protectants. Silicone leaves an oily residue and it attracts dust. Over time, it can turn your dashboard yellow. Stick to water-based protectants and you’ll never have to worry about a greasy, yellow interior.
- Next clean the interior glass using a non-ammonia glass cleaner, or simply dampen a Refract Clean & Dry Waffle Glass Towel. The unique weave of this towel enables you to clean the glass and get streak-free results fast!.
Use a Refract Detailing Brush to get inside the vents and in the seams where only dust, lint and the stray coins will travel. These areas are often overlooked and difficult to clean, but it makes a big difference in the overall appearance of your vehicle’s interior.
- Vinyl seats will come clean with Refract Leather Cleaner for spills and general build-ups. UV exposure has disastrous effects on both leather and vinyl. Protect your vinyl seats just as you would the dashboard, with Refract Leather Protect and for the plastic Refract Plastic Protect.