Refract have an all-in-one solution to help get your vehicles painted and glass surfaces decontaminated from sap, tar, paint over-spray and other environmental fall outs that cannot be removed by normal washing techniques.
- This complete kit features everything you need to make your paint smooth, glossy and ready for polishing or surface protectants.
- The Ph neutral Clay Lubricant tablets will assist in keeping the Clay Bar and Clay Mitt slippery and keep a protective layer of lubricity between the clay surfaces and the paint.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Fill Clay lubricant bottle with clean water and add one dissolving tablet. Allow a few minutes for the tablet to fully dissolve and the solution to turn bright blue.
2. Ensure that your Vehicle has been thoroughly washed, dried and is cool to the touch. Do not use clay products in the direct sun to avoid increased lubricant drying times.
3. Refract Car Cares Clay Kit contains a 200gram Fine Clay Bar and a Polymer Clay Mitt. A combination of both Clay bar and Mitt can be used individually for larger panels and also hard to reach smaller areas.
4. Spray a generous amount of Clay lubricant onto the surface and follow steps below for each clay variant.
- Pre-Soak the Polymer Clay Mitt in warm water or shampoo solution to soften and soak prior to use. Spray a generous amount of Clay Lubricant onto the first panel starting from the top of the vehicle and working your way down. Gently but firmly apply even pressure on the clay mitt to the lubricated panel and work in a back and forth type motion appox. 30cm x 30cm at a time.
- Conduct a test to assess if your paint is hard or soft. If any very fine marring marks or scratches appear then you can increase lubrication by using 40mls Refract Avalanche Shampoo to a warm bucket of water and applying to the surface with a towel or microfiber mitt as well as the lubricant spray.
- Tear a palm sized portion of Clay from the bar and knead into a pliable flat rounded shape. Using the same method as the Clay Mitt gently but firmly apply pressure to the lubricated surface and motion the clay bar back and forth until the surface resistance is reduced or feeling slick and slippery. Periodically inspect the clay bar for heavy evidence of removed contaminants and knead the clay to expose a new surface when required.
- If clay bar is accidently dropped then there is a high risk of sand or hard foreign particles attaching to the clay. A dropped clay piece MUST be thoroughly inspected or thrown away.
REFRACT TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Clay one panel at a time starting from least contaminant prone areas like upper door sections and vertical panels. Clay lower door areas, side skirts and bumpers last to avoid contaminating clay too quickly.
- Keep lubrication amounts high. Listen and watch carefully for any changes in the way the clay is behaving. Cease immediately if you see or hear a hissing noise or physically see dirt, sand or debris on the surface. Carefully wipe the panel clean with a Microfiber towel, knead the clay bar to a new surface and continue claying.
- For heavy contaminated vehicle with paint overspray or visually evident fallout then we advise using a heavy solution of Refract Avalanche Shampoo in a 20litre Bucket for added lubricity. Generally extreme fallout surfaces will require machine polishing as fine scratching is hard to avoid.
- Clay mitts can last for a very long time if kept and stored well. Clay bars have a limited life as they will eventually turn into a "We call it a lamington". The clay bar must be thrown away as no clean surfaces can be revealed upon kneading.
- keep your new and old clay bars separately in a sealed container. Clay bars can be stored in water for many uses.
- Some paints and surfaces are extremely soft and scratch very easily. Sometimes even the finest clay bar will induce fine scratches and the paint will require machine polishing.
- Try using your clay bars, mitts and pads on exterior glass for a silky smooth result.
- 6 x Refract dissolving clay lubricant tablets
- 1 x Refract Fine Grade Polymer Clay Mitt
- 1 x Refract 200gram Fine Clay Bar
- 1 x Clay lubricant spray bottle