Refract Paint Protection Spray Film (PPF)
Refract Paint Protection Spray Film (PPF) (RPU 208G)
Want to protect your vehicles paint & surfaces from rock chips, scratches & environmental Fallout?
Going to a track day? Or maybe even a tyre burnout event perhaps?
Vehicles paint & surfaces are constantly being bombarded with rocks, bugs, tar & other projectiles causing chips, scratching, etching & constant uv exposure.
Trying to remove acidic bug splatter that starts to etch in seconds & having to repaint sections of your vehicle is both timely & costly!
The ultimate way to protect against that damage is with an expensive & permanent film which is ok if you can afford the extremely high cost or accept visable edges but an alternative method is being able to protect against paint chips & splatter with a more cost effective alternative solution.
A DIY Semi-permanent spray-on type paint protection film (PPF) that can be easily peeled off without damaging the underlying surface once finished.
Refract Spray PPF can last to 2-3 years.
It's ability to repel uv rays and resist rock and gravel impact will ensure your original surfaces are kept in great condition.
Applied in minutes with a basic air tools, dries completely clear in an hour and road-ready in 8 hours, builds a thick gloss-enhancing protective film (90 micron or more) that keeps your paint & surfaces safe from rock chips, gravel, bug splatter & other projectiles that come from normal & spirited driving.
UV resistant, High Gloss, High Transparency, Flexible & removeable.
Simply peel off after a track/burnout session or leave-on for as long as you need for normal daily driving! Can last up to 2-3 years!
Can be used on:
- Headlights & Taillights,
- Painted or unpainted rims, trims & license plates
Refract Spray PPF WILL enhance, brighten and 'gloss up' dull painted and or plastic surfaces.
Do not apply product on:
- Porous Textiles (Clothing)
- Windscreens (May cause slight blur distortion)
- Any surface exposed to friction
- Surfaces should be dry and free of any dust, stains or any other contaminations.
- Product is applied via spray gun and shares the same technique as automotive painting.
- For ideal results, 100 mL for 1 m2 area. (1 coat)
- Start by applying a light-even 'dust coat' over the entire surface and allow 20 minutes to adhere.
- Use a 'tack cloth' to lightly wipe any excess overspray throughout the whole process to reduce spray dust buildup. (A second dust coat can be applied if original surface is heavily ceramic coated or surface is very smooth)
- Apply 3-4 'wet coats' ensuring gun technique, air pressures, fan width and environment temperatures/conditions are consistent.
- Touch Dry time is 30 mins at 23°C - 50% Relative Humidity & full cure takes 18-24 hours.
(Can be coloured with waterbased tinter @ max 5% ratio & sprayed with a 1.8-2.0mm Air or Electric Paint Sprayer Gun. (1-2 light tack coats followed by 3-4 even wet coats at 50% overlap @ 18-26 psi) (Adjusted to Environment Conditions)
Air Compressor (Sized appropriately for spray painting) 80-100 litre tank with water filter.
1.8 - 2.0mm tipped Spray Gun (Gravity or suction type). A 'Primer Gun' is ideal and can be purchased from any automotive store.
Automotive Painters Tape
Refract Spray PPF is a waterbased polyurethane viscous liquid gel. Although it is not directly harmful upon inhalation it is strongly advised to wear an appropriately graded face mask and full body protection painters suit and gloves to protect from overspray.
Ensure work environment is ventilated. A painters booth is the highest form of application however a clean, dust free, non windy environment is also acceptable to yield good results.
1 Litre - Clear
Made from German & Japanese Ingredients
Blended at Refract Laboratories LLP Sdn Bhd kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Bottled & Labelled in Perth, Western Australia